Received this picture postcard this week from Mr. Wilhelm, Germany through Postcrossing.
The ship in this card is Queen Mary 2 at Hamburg Port, Germany.
Some facts of Queen Mary 2 of Cunard Line:
* QM2 is five times longer than Cunard's first ship, Britannia (230 ft.)
* QM2 is 113 feet longer than the original Queen Mary
* QM2 is more than twice as long as the Washington Monument (550 ft.)
* QM2 is 147 feet longer than the Eiffel Tower (984 ft.)
* QM2 is more than 3½ times as long as Westminster Tower (Big Ben) (310 ft.)
* QM2 is only 117 feet shorter than the Empire State Building (1248 ft.)
* QM2 is more than three times as long as St. Paul's Cathedral (366 ft.)
* QM2 is as long as 41 double-decker London buses (31½ ft. each)
* QM2's whistle is audible for 10 miles
Dr. Satyendra Kumar Agrawal - I was shocked to hear that Dr. Satyendra Kumar Agrawal passed away on 21st April 2017. He was a well known Philatelist and known all over for his philate...
4 hours ago